Fads have come and gone, but made-from-scratch quality is still the highest restaurant standard. And that hasn’t changed here.
In 1957, Jack and Anne Holder sold their Dairy Queen in Roseburg and moved their family to the “Valley of Hearts Delight” to open Uncle John’s Pancake House in Santa Clara. Jack and Anne’s pancakes and waffles made Uncle John’s one of the most popular restaurants in the Bay Area.
In 1967, Jack and Anne opened the original Holder’s Country Inn at the old Town & Country Village (now Santana Row) in San Jose, where it flourished for 32 years. The original Country Inn relocated to Saratoga Avenue in 1995. While managing their restaurants the couple reared a family of six sons and a daughter, all of whom are still in the business.
The Holder family traditions of friendly and attentive service combined with great food and reasonable prices proudly continues today.